Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to reality

Wow, we had such a great vacation, and now back to reality!! Marc and I are both working hard to catch up.

It's hard to believe we have only about 10 weeks left until the baby is here. At my 30 week check up this week my doctor told me that I have gestational diabetes. The good news is that futher bloodwork showed I should be able to control my glucose levels with a low carb and high protein diet. My doctor doesn't seem to think that diagnosis will cause any problem for me or the baby as long as I change my diet. Even though I've only changed my diet for a couple of days I've already noticed a little bit of a difference. I didn't realize that I had just gotten used to feeling dizzy from time to time throughout the day. I haven't felt dizzy at all since I've cut back on the carbs.

I've also started taking a breast feeding class this week. Who knew there was so much to learn!!
I met with the doctor who will be the baby's pediatrician for a consultation as well. She seems really great, and is part of a 5 doctor practice.

I will post some pictures from the beach soon.

Wendi

No comments: