Monday, February 2, 2009

Creating new habits




I realized today that I didn't do a very good job last week of taking pictures. Thank goodness Angela came to the rescue. She brought us some very cute pictures of the Kentucky Tumminello's visit. The picture on the left is Riley, Tate and Luke sitting in an oversized chair at pawpaw's house. The one on the right is Riley and Luke. It looks like a couple of very tiny old men laughing and talking. I just love these pictures.
Angela came to visit Luke on Sunday this weekend, and Uncle Garry came over with Sabrina, Papaw's dog, on Saturday. There are a lot of colds, etc., going around so we played it very low key this weekend. We didn't even go to Super Bowl party because we didn't want to expose Luke to anything. I did take him to a mommy's Bible Study in Hammond this morning. He was very good and seemed to pay attention!! He looks at whoever is talking, and acts like he's following along. He is very advanced I think!!
Today, I am getting Luke used to taking naps somewhere else besides his swing or pack 'n' play. Right now, he is laying on a play mat in my bedroom floor. He only cried about 15 minutes (loudly for 10) until he fell asleep. It's so hard to let him cry and not pick him up, but I've been told that it takes 3 days to create a good habit, so if I can endure for 3 days, then he'll be better for it!!
We are going to mom and dad's house this coming weekend. We'll be travelling at night so Luke can sleep most of the way. I think he will do well. I'm more concerned about how well he will sleep while we are there. He's been sleeping 10-11 hours most every night. I wonder if he will do that in a different place?
Love you all,
Marc, Wendi, and Baby Luke

1 comment:

e said...

Hey Wendi -
I didn't like the whole cry it out thing either...the therapist in me just worried too much about Jack's attachment. I wanted him to know when he cried we would be there because at that age crying is all they can do to ask for help. We read the No Cry Sleep Solution and loved it so if you end up deciding crying isn't best it is a great option. Jack is on a clear/easy schedule and is a great sleeper. These decisions are so tough because you just want what is best for you baby and your family! Good luck!