Saturday, October 18, 2008

Luke's arrival

I hope you guys enjoyed the pictures. We are sorry it took so long (2 whole days) to get some pictures up online. I guess you guys can see they were worth the wait. Isn't he the cutest little boy you've ever seen.

Here is his vital info:

It's a boy!!!
Luke Daniel Tumminello born Oct. 15, 2008 at 12:03pm
He weighed 6lbs. 7oz and was 19 inches long.

We plan to call him Luke.
He was born 13 days earlier than our predicted due date. Thank goodness for my cousin Mandy I had my bags packed for the hospital, and we really had most everything set up at home.

Marc and I are exhausted. We had our first night at home last night, and we were both awake most of the night. Luke has some jaundice because he and I are different blood types. To treat the jaundice, I have to feed him every 2 to 3 hours and we have a special blanket called a wallaby blanket that we wrap him up in while he sleeps. The blanket produces a special wavelength of light that helps him break down the bilirubin. It seems to be working, and we should be able to stop using the blanket by Monday. He doesn't seem to mind the blanket; I think it helps to keep him warm. He looks like a little glow worm when he's swaddled up with the blanket.

Today, I enjoyed a nice nap as did Marc while my mom watched the baby and went grocery shopping. I am so glad my mom is here; otherwise, Marc and I might starve!!

I will post some more pictures soon.

Wendi and Marc

2 comments:

mindy Thompson said...

Congratulations! He is so handsome! Enjoy him while he is little because they grow really fast!

Brenda Graves said...

Dear Wendi and Marc,
Congratulations on such a beautiful baby boy. He will be such a joy and blessing to you and everyone in your family. I'm so thankful Carol could be there to share this time of love with Luke. She and Dan will be exceptional Grandparents as you already know. May God continue to bless you and Luke.
Brenda Graves from Huntsville.