Sunday, October 5, 2008

I hope you guys enjoy the slide show. I am so excited that Mandy taught me how to do this. Thanks Mandy!!
As you can see, we had a great baby shower last weekend. Angela put together a great shower for the Tumminello friends and family. We have been so blessed by everyone's generosity. This week, I had my 36 week check up. Everything looks great. Dr. Guillory ordered an ultrasound for this coming Wednesday to try to determine the size of the baby. That will be fun.

Marc's office threw him a suprise baby shower last Friday. I was able to go too and suprise him even more. They bought him his favorite chocolate doberge cake. For those of you that aren't from Louisiana, a doberge cake is a New Orleans style cake that has lots of thin layers separated by pudding. It's very, very good!! They gave us a gift card to Target.

This weekend, we bought the few remaining items we needed to complete the baby's room using our gift cards. We really just had to buy a crib mattress and a lamp. We are so thankful for everyone's love and generosity. We also put together our pack 'n' play and installed the car seat bases into our cars. I packed a bag for the baby and started thinking about my own stuff. Marc also painted some shelves for me for the baby's closet and he worked hard in the back yard planting some irises my mom brought and some ginger he got from his grandfather's property.

My knee is healing great; it's getting stronger every day. I can definitely feel the difference in my pregnancy this last month. It's getting harder to sleep at night and to get comfortable. By the end of each day I am very tired and my feet hurt. Everything else is going well, and we are really too excited to complain too much.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Only three weeks! I'd be sure you've got your bag packed ASAP - I was exactly 38 weeks with Sam and nobody was more surprised that he was that early than me. Pack as much as you can (get travel size stuff) and leave a sticky note on your bathroom mirror with the last minute things. Babycenter.com has a great packing for the hospital list. Just keep in mind - if you go like the other King women, it will be much faster than you anticipate! We can't wait to hear the good news - rest up - you'll need it!