Monday, September 22, 2008

Birthday party and Baby shower



This is a picture from our nephew Sam's 2nd birthday party. Notice the pregnant woman with a giant splint on her leg in the back ground--that's me!! When we got to the party, I sat down in the very comfortable love seat only to realize that it was almost impossible for me to get out of it without help.


We had a busy weekend including the birthday party, and a baby shower given by several of my friends from church. The baby shower was beautiful. It was a tea, and we were very blessed with lots of wonderful baby things. Marc was blessed with a big piece of cake to take home.


Marc has been very busy this weekend too. He hung some new shades, and a new light fixture in the baby's room. He also fixed the door to the baby's room so that it opens and closes more smoothly now, and he cleaned out the garage so the dogs can once again go in there if necessary.


My knee is healing great. Thanks for everyone's prayers!! I can put quite a bit of weight on it and keep it bent more comfortably now. When I'm at home, I've been walking around without my crutches a lot; I just can't use it to go up and down stairs, or bear weight on it when it's bent. The hardest thing is standing up when I sit down, but I think a lot of that is due to the enlarging belly that I have as well. Mom is here helping through the end of the week. I haven't attempted to drive myself yet, so I'm being driven around and pampered a lot by her and Marc.


This week, I am 35 weeks pregnant!! My next OB appointment is Wednesday, and I'll give another update then.
Here are a few pictures from the shower. Notice I didn't wear my splint in my party dress!!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Slide shows are the best if you have more that one or two photos to post. Go to www.slide.com and you can open up an account for free. Then, you just download your photos, pick your template for the slide show, and voila - you're done. They'll give you a code that you just copy and paste in the block of your post. It's that easy!